The following requirements must be satisfied for admission:
- Applicants must have received a baccalaureate degree in any field, from an accredited institution prior to start of classes in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
- GRE is required, score reports should be sent directly to the Department of Physical Therapy, Admissions Committee.
- Possess a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 in all required prerequisite courses . No required courses with a grade below "C" are accepted.
- Possess a minimum of 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA in the required sciences courses.
- Math and Science courses must have been completed within seven years of application.
- Complete the PTCAS application and all other admissions requirements by the deadline (December 15th).
- Complete the graduate university application ONLINE with payment of $45 (No personal checks or cash). http://www.gs.howard.edu/admissions/GradOnlineApplication.htm.
- Submit proof of payment online to the department.
- Create a video presentation which will last no more than 5 minutes.
- Complete and print the prerequisite worksheet form and mail /submit to department.
- The Admissions Committee may invite candidates who meet the admission requirements for an interview.
- Candidates will be selected following a competitive evaluation process.
Please return the above requested items to:
Physical Therapy Department
Division of Allied Health Sciences
Room B-14 Annex I
516 Bryant St., NW,
Washington, DC 20059
Howard University Equal Opportunity Policy
Howard University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, handicap, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by Federal or District of Columbia law. This policy covers administration of the University's educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other University administered programs and employment. Inquires regarding provisions for handicapped persons, equal opportunity and Title IX should be addressed to the appropriate person listed below:
Section 504 Coordinator (handicapped)
Dr. Barbara Williams
Title IX Coordinator, Sharon P. Banks