PHARMACY BIOMEDICAL PREVIEW PROGRAM
July 7 - August 8, 2014
The Center of Excellence (COE) program, funded through the Department of Health and Human Services, was established to assist designated health profession schools and other public and non-profit, or educational institutions strengthen the national capacity to produce a culturally competent healthcare workforce, whose diversity is representative of the U.S. population.
The Pharmacy Biomedical Preview (PBP) Program is one of the many support programs offered through the COE to meet the needs of Howard University Student Pharmacists. The PBP Program is a five-week on-site non-stipend enrichment activity. The purpose of the PBP Program is to provide students with an early academic experience in pharmacy school while improving the on-time graduation rate of Pharm.D. Candidates. This PBP Program is designed to offer a jump start to students in Pharmaceutical Math, Biomedical Sciences I (Anatomy/Physiology), and Biomedical Sciences II (Biochemistry/Microbiology) while providing first year student pharmacists with an opportunity to prepare, organize and assimilate new scientific knowledge.
Students must have submitted the following:
PLEASE NOTE: This page will be updated periodically. Be sure to check for updates regularly.
Registration for summer 2014 is now in progress. All registered voluntary and conditional students will be granted full access to the PBP Portal on July 1, 2014. The PBP Program 2014 begins on Monday, July 7, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. and will end on Friday, August 8, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
Course materials will be supplied free of charge and available under the Resources tab of the College of Pharmacy website.
Click here for the PBP Program Course Syllabus
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
- A Windows or MAC operating system computer
- Minimum High-speed Internet Access (56K speed or above) recommended with online players.
- A sound card if required in your computer along with speakers or headphones.
- Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins (two free and simple downloads you can obtain at http://www.adobe.com/downloads by clicking GET Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader)
ELECTIVE COURSE CREDIT AVAILABLE
Elective Course credit will be provided to students who participate in all assessment activities, and successfully complete the program.
Students should make personal arrangements for housing and meals.
PROGRAM CLASS SCHEDULE
- Classes will meet Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the College of Pharmacy Chauncey Cooper Hall (CCH) Building], Room 207.
- Click here for the PBP Program Class Schedule
- Online Access
Details to access this program online will be available July 1, 2014.
Click Here for FAQs.