The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Howard University Hospital offers comprehensive care for women of all ages. We care for women during pregnancy and birth, and we care for them long after menopause.
We have assembled an exceptional team of physicians with the talent and compassion to ensure the highest quality of patient care. Our obstetricians, gynecologists, residents, nurses and staff work closely to provide a family-friendly environment focused on patient safety and satisfaction.
Whether patients need routine or specialized care, we have specialists in every area to meet their unique needs. The Department is divided into four clinical divisions:
General Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine, specializing in high-risk pregnancies
- Gynecologic Oncology for cancers of the reproductive tract
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, including premenstrual syndrome (PMS), hormonal imbalances and menstrual disorders.
Other specialty programs include:
- Women’s Pelvic Health/Urogynecology, such as urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and related issues
- Family Planning
- Laparoscopic Surgery for pelvic pain, endometriosis and the removal of fibroids, ovarian cysts or the uterus.
- Basic and Clinical Research
We invite you to visit our labor and delivery unit, nursery and state-of-the-art Perinatal Diagnostic and Ultrasound Center. We also offer in-office, outpatient surgical procedures, and we are developing a Fibroid Center.
With our commitment to technologic advancements and affordable healthcare, we have incorporated a state-of-the-art electronic medical record system and plan to build upon our clinical simulation program. We will continue to promote and develop other programs to enhance women’s health and address disparities.